Living Laboratory, Lighthouse
- We have been farming regeneratively here for around 12 years and are the home of the UK's first certified soil carbon offsetting scheme.
Successes / outcomes
- Certified soil carbon credits to be produced, roughly 4 tonnes per ha per year to be sold
- The promotion of a whole systems approach to regenerative farming.
Methods / issues being explored
- Whole system approach
- Reduced use of / alternatives to inorganic fertilisers
- Crop rotation
- Increased diversity of sward/crops
- Soil tillage and management
- Reduced use of control chemicals
- Modification of organic matter inputs.
Data being collected on
- Soil health
- Certified soil carbon offsets.
Methods of data collection
- Visual assessments
- Remote sensing (LIDAR, satellites, drones, etc.)
Types of organisation involved
Land use type: